Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Shooting: “WaMu” @ Sunset-Gower Studios. My 1pm call led me straight to a one hour, catered lunch. Nice way to start the afternoon. One of the first people I saw was my “wife” in the spot. The finally made the decision after we left last night. I still feel for the other young lady who didn’t get the spot, but I’m sure she’ll get something else.

There was a lot going on today; they were shooting parts of 3 different spots. It ended up being about 5-6 hours later before I started shooting any of my stuff.

The directors of the commercials are the team of Speck & Gordon. It’s the first time I’ve worked with two directors before. I watched their directing reel and found out that they directed some of the Geico Caveman commercials. I LOVE those commercials; I even have two T-shirts in honor of them. I normally wear the shirts and there was a great chance that I would have naturally worn one of them on 1 of the 4 days of work. After I was aware of the connection I felt a little weird. I didn’t want to NOT wear them, but I also didn’t wanna come off as weird. I figured, “hey, it’s organic, I have these shirts for a reason”. So I wore one of them; I had my jacket on so you couldn’t really read what they shirt said. Funny, enough as I was walking into the wardrobe room I ran smack into one of the directors; like almost face-to-face, and he saw my shirt, opened my jacket and read it. It was pretty funny because he had never seen that particular shirt before.

The shooting went well; I think they got all of what they needed and were happy with the performances. My call tomorrow is a crisp 7:30am for motion capture, rehearsal for dance and teaching me to work with rigging for my “wife”. Since we have less than a 12 hour turnaround for our call in the morning we will get an extra fee - I guess I should go to bed.

http://www.stephonfuller.com/consultations.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hRX79E75yA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vMXinr1N9w

No comments: