Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Shooting: "WaMu" @ Sunset-Gower Studios. Today I had my first experience with ''motion capture". I can't really explain what it is, but it's very tedious and specific work. "My "wife" had the bulk of the work to do; so I was able to largely observe and learn.

I also tried on my custom dancer costume and let me tell you; I felt like a star! The top was different than yesterday; this one had the built-in underwear thing going on, but no snaps because it wasn't completely finished. Since it didn't have the crotch closure thingamajig the wardrobe person had to fasten it with a safety pin. Yeah, it was interesting having a woman down there...around the family jewels...with a saftey pin in her hand.

Next up - the pants. The pants were so snug that they felt like a second skin. They were made out of a stretchy cotton which made them pretty comfortable.

They took measurements of both garments and decided to alter the pants and remake the shirt entirely.

Afterwards, I was reintroduced to Eboni, the choreographer from the first callback. Oh sh*t, it was time bust-a-move! While we worked on some semi-fancy footwork "my wife" was being prepared to fly in the rig.

There was a professional stunt person working with her so I mostly watched and tried to get a feel for what was going to happen tomorrow. Eventually, one of the directors came to the stage and we showed him what were working on. I admittedly got a little nervous with my dance moves, but he got the idea. I also practiced lifting "my wife" in the rigging and I have to tell you I have my work cut out for me. It's just really complicated.

Shortly afterwards I was released for the day. Somehow, some way I have to deliver the goods tomorrow.
http://www.stephonfuller.com/consultations.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hRX79E75yA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vMXinr1N9w

No comments: