Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Audition: “Ad Council PSA” @ ASG Casting. This one was interesting. I often hear actors complain about “having a partner that sucked!” in a CD workshop or audition. I think this notion is overrated. Why? Because casting directors are professionals. It isn’t hard for them to tell who is doing what in the scene. My partner in the audition today refused to listen to the session director in any way, shape or form. I resisted the temptation to compete with him/her on the long road to prove him that he/she had no intention of taking any direction whatsoever. None, nope, nada – zilch. It was pretty funny because just when I thought he/she would get the hint that it was time to listen he/she would put his/her foot in his/her AGAIN.

Before the first take the session director told us that we had to do it 8 times. I think he/she thought we had 8 chances to get it right. In reality, the session director meant that all of the characters needed coverage on camera from different angles so we needed to get it right 8 times. It was a great lesson in what happens when actors don’t listen. The funny thing is that it wouldn’t surprise me at all if he/she gets a callback and/or books and I don’t hear a thing. But I nailed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so thankful that the WaMu commercial is actually airing. It seems like it’s been forever since I’ve been on television. I told myself I would wear the prop wedding band I wore while shooting until it started running – as a good luck charm. Last week I retired the wedding band prop. Wearing a wedding band for 2 months prompted some interesting questions…who knows, I may put it back on.

In the past I was used to having 2, 3 or 4 commercial conflicts at once. I guess those were the good ole days! I haven’t seen the spot on TV myself, but I’ve seen it on the internet. My man Jay was kind enough to send me a copy of it. Personally, it’s okay if I don’t ever see it on TV; it’s much MUCH more important that it continues to run though – gotapaythebillsson! Knowwhatimsayin?!

These days I don't have to actually see any commercials I’m in running, but it sure is nice to hear confirmation that they are running. Last week I was eating lunch at Panera Bread and this young woman kept staring at me. I couldn’t figure out why – I thought, just maybe, she thought I was hot piece of ass. I was going to walk up to her and say “excuse me; you’re staring at me like you think I’m a hot piece of ass. Do you think I’m a hot piece of ass?” But then I figured maybe that wasn’t the smartest thing to do, plus her mom was there and she might not have thought it was too cool. Truth be told, there hasn’t been a day in my entire life that I thought I was a hot piece of ass and I don’t think that day last week was going to be the first…oh well.

Anyway, about an hour later it dawned on me that she may have seen the commercial and that might have been why she was staring so intently. I really appreciate all of the text messages, emails, phone calls, etc. from all over the country with news of seeing the spot. The link to it is here – funky dance man spot – click on “let’s hear it” or “we got your back”.

http://www.stephonfuller.com/consultations.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hRX79E75yA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vMXinr1N9w

8 comments:

Frances Uku said...

it's running network for sheezy - i saw it on ABC just after the Oscars. proud of you as always!

Anonymous said...

You are da muther effin freaky dance man. I nearly bust my gut. ROFL! Nice. Very, very nice.

Nicole J. Butler said...

I followed the link and saw your WaMu spot. FUUUN-NY!

Anonymous said...

Great job on the WAMU commercial, Stephon. I gotta say what a hot piece of ass you were out there! And no panty lines. Can you say Whoo hoo?!?! Keep up the great work and boy I love the blog. Know that you are an inspiration to many of us out here!

~ JC

Lipp said...

That is some funny shit Stephon! And you are much stronger than I thought.

Stephon Fuller said...

Thanks you all!

signed
"hot piece of ass" aka Stephon

Ashly Covington said...

LOVE the spot!!! and you are one hot piece of ass :) giggle!! keep up the great work.

Stephon Fuller said...

You just made my day Ashley!

Thanks!