Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Meeting: "The Quest" @ Cricket Feet Casting. This was my first "meeting" as opposed to an audition. It was intended to be "a chat" between myself, the director and two of the producers.

Again, this was my first meeting as an actor, but since I've worked as a reader for films I’ve sat in on a few meetings with actors that don’t always read for a part, but they’ll “take a meeting” so I kinda knew what to expect.

This particular CD makes available an unbelievable amount of information for the actor to fully prepare and research the project. I had the full script, biography of the director, writers and producers, storyboard, location scouting photos, etc. Remember, I wasn’t even auditioning – just meeting, but of course, I read the entire script and went through the additional material to give me a strong perspective.

The entire meeting lasted about 11 minutes and it went very well…I think. It’s always hard to tell so you can only go on what you feel. Since I was so informed I really had a strong position so the meeting was a real two-way street. I had questions, they had questions, I had answers and they answers. They seemed interested in my services; I guess time will tell.

It felt great when the producer asked for my resume because I have a nice collection of credits and directors. The director, being Italian from Italy, wasn’t as up on who the TV directors on my resume are, but he knows who Steven Spielberg is. The producer is from Hollywood and has been in the business for years and has worked on many of the shows that are on my resume. I think that moment was a strong positive as kind of a pedigree to legitimize me.

At the meeting I was just trying to get to the next step which, I assume, would be actually reading for the part. Did I mention that it shoots in Rome and Bulgaria? Yeah, and I’m really overdue for a stamp on my freshly renewed passport. I’ve gone to Tokyo, Madrid, Washington, DC and Miami for jobs; back to Europe in the summer would be nice.

The director explained that they need to get the names set before they can move forward with supporting cast. So that was it; my first meeting, but I handled it like I take meetings on the regular. Not anything weird; I just handled myself as a pro that wasn’t at the rodeo for the first time. I mean, more often than not you don’t hear anything, but who knows. I filled my agents in on how it went and that’s about all I can do for now.

Today’s online issue of Adweek describes me as the “much-skinnier male counterpart” in the “WaMu” commercial. I’m not skinny, I’m fit; fit like a mofo. Actually, I’m a little pudgy these days even though someone on the Disney strike said I looked like I “lost a lot of weight”. What? I’ve gained 4-5 pounds over the last 6 weeks or so.

http://www.stephonfuller.com/consultations.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hRX79E75yA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vMXinr1N9w

1 comment:

Frances Uku said...

i think the Adweek peeps were speaking relatively, my brother ;-) thanks for posting the link, hoping it runs forever and so proud of you as always! xxx