Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Audition: “AT&T” @ Joe Blake Casting. I walked into Ocean Park Casting expecting it to be the madhouse that it usually is. It wasn’t. In fact, it was a ghost town. There was only one job being cast with one actress and one actor waiting. “Wow”, I thought, this is “not” what I expected to see. Maybe it was a barometer of how quiet it’s been for me…or maybe not.

Anyway, I signed in, got my copy and started rehearsing the dialogue. After a while, the three of us were called in for a group explanation. The other actor stayed in the room to audition; myself and the young lady left to be next. I was heading to the other side of the room to continue rehearsing when she called my name. I had never seen this really attractive actress before and was a bit startled. She was explaining that she’d read my blog in the past and that it helped her before she moved to Los Angeles. Her fiancé had told her about it. She was so excited and rambling pretty fast when she just stopped and said “I feel like I know you, can I give you hug?!” I said, Of course!” So we hugged.

The timing of it all was just perfect because it was a concrete message that I’ve given something back to my profession and that my contribution matters. If it wasn’t for this “Alicia”(sp) I probably wouldn’t have known that today. It’s easy to forget that my contribution, in the form of this almost 600 pages blog, is read by quite a few people – some actors, some not. Alicia, you made my day, thank you!!!

Afterwards, the audition went really well and I hope and expect to get a callback.

http://www.stephonfuller.com/consultations.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hRX79E75yA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vMXinr1N9w

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stephon-
Add me to the list of people who you have influenced and inspired and educated. Without your bio/blog, I wouldn't know half of what I know now. Even though I'm still in Chicago, I will be in LA on a permanent basis sooner than later, and I know I'll turn to your wonderful book for ins and outs of who is and how to. When you have new postings I get SO excited! Keep it up, you're a star in my book.

Stephon Fuller said...

Thank you Pam!