Thursday, June 26, 2008

Audition: “Clorox-2” @ Jessica J. Casting. Ahh, this was just okay. Definitely not my best work. I just didn’t connect with the material. It wasn’t bad material, I just didn’t deliver.

Believe it or not I met ANOTHER member of the cast of the show I like to talk about the most - “The Wire”. That’s 3 in the last 3 weeks. I’m looking forward to season 5 being released on DVD.

Here we go - I'm at work the other night and a regular diner comes in. She was a nice, quiet young lady that's always a pleasure to serve. I was on my break when she arrived so I didn't know exactly what type of soda she was drinking - diet or regular. The other server had taken over my section while I was on break so when the diner in question arrived I was downstairs in the break room. I noticed that the diners' drink was getting low when I returned to floor and I wanted to get her a fresh one, but I wasn't sure what it was. So I found the other server in the back and asked her because I wanted to be smooth and not interrupt her dining experience. Ya know, just sweep through, take the old glass and replace it with the new one.

The other server said "Coffee and Coke". I said "Coffee and Coke? Really? Eww. That's nasty. Are you serious? She's drinking coffee and Coke?" She repeated, "Yeah, coffee and Coke". I said, "Wow, that sounds harsh" and went back on the floor to get it. Mind you, this young lady is a regular customer on my shift, but I never remember her drinking this particular concoction of "Coffee and Coke".

You see, I've never had a cup of coffee or a drop of alcohol in my entire life so I'm always learning new things that people drink. I once had a guy order a Bloody Mary with grilled shrimp in it. What? News to me, but I don't get out all that much so maybe it's all the rage in Hollywood. Anyway, so I get a tall glass for my female customer (still thinking it's odd) fill it with ice and half way with coffee and, you guessed it, I put Coke on top. Then I smoothly switched out the old one for the fresh one and went about my business.

I was doing my job; checking on my other tables and happened to glance over at her and she caught my eye. She gave me an inquisitive look “what is this? I immediately knew I had messed up big time. I went over to her and explained what she was drinking and, thankfully, she was a sport about it. It was sooooo funny.

``````
So I catch up with my fellow server and said “you told me she was drinking ‘coffee and Coke!’”

She replied, “Yeah, Coffee and a Coke”.

I said, “Ohhhhhh!!!! Coffee and A Coke! I gave her “coffee and Coke!

She said, “No you didn’t! Coffee and Coke? In the same glass?”

I replied, “Yeah, that why I said it sounds harsh.

She said, “What did she say?

I said, “She laughed, she was cool about. I feel so stoopid, LOL!!!”

``````

4 comments:

Nicole J. Butler said...

Hilarious! Heck, gotta give the people what (you think) they want! lol

And a spicy bloody mary with a dill pickle spear in it is da bomb!

Anonymous said...

LOL - have you ever had Coca Cola Blak? That was coffee and coke... together... tried it - once.

What up Stephon!
-Anthony

Stephon Fuller said...

Nicole, I'll have to experience the Spicy Bloody Mary w/Dill Pickle Spear through you - and yeah, it sounds confusing, but I'm sure it's the bomb!

I'm good Anthony, thanks! Nope, no Coca-Cola Blak here.

Anonymous said...

At one point in the US, they DID have the Coke Blak here, but I dunno about now.