Monday, June 23, 2008

Audition: "Folger's" @ Ross Lacy Casting. This session was being conducted by one of my favorite session director/camera operators in town and it went well. I think I'm really right for it so hopefully I'll get a callback.

After the audition I skateboarded to the post office to get a few stamps. The clerk, who I've dealt with many times over the years, looked at me and smiled...and kept smiling...then offered to help me...while still smiling. It threw me off because it wasn't an "I love my job, 'how can I be of service' type of smile". It was an "Oh snap! That's dat dude from so and so" smile. Okay, maybe that's a little dramatic; more like "hey, didn’t I just see you on uh uh uh uh...." type of smile.

At any rate it was pleasantly weird because I didn't know if she thought I was someone else or if she had really seen me in something recently. But what? Well, I did have about 5 things re-run in recent weeks. Maybe that was it. I don’t know. It’s interesting how we actors are often treated differently – whether trying to get a job or buying stamps.

This was a little odd as well. I was at work the other night and taking a food order for a table of two men and a woman. I had pen and pad in my hand just getting to ready to take the order for the lady and one of the men said “OMG look at his hands”. I was like “huh?” I thought I had a finger missing that I didn’t know about or maybe grew an extra one. Then he said, “look at his nails, he has perfect nail beds”. Then he zoomed in on one particular nail on one particular finger…and actually touched it! He touched my finger! I wasn’t quite sure what to say or do; I just stood there and eventually uttered “wow, really?…I’m not sure what to say…how about ‘Thank you!’”. ‘Yes, thank you. I haven’t really heard that before at least not like this. Then there was 1.5 seconds of silence; it felt like 2 whole seconds of silence. I then said to the lady “and you’re having…

I try to keep my hands looking presentable, but nothing overly presentational at all. I guess he has a thing for hands. Admittedly, when I lived in New York I used to get a manicure every two weeks. Yup! I had my Korean spot on 57th bet. 6th & 7th Avenues; between the old Motown CafĂ© and the sneaker store! Damn, I miss those days! Every two weeks! It was an event that was on my calendar. I didn’t get my nails painted or anything like that. Nope, no clear coat either; just cutting & shaping my nails and massaging my hands. Myself, I’m a sucker for a woman with natural, beautifully manicured hands. I can become mesmerized with a womans’ hands if they’re nice like dat! Hmm…do I have a hand fetish? Woman’s hand fetish? Not so much into guys hands…
http://www.stephonfuller.com/consultations.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hRX79E75yA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vMXinr1N9w

No comments: