Monday, August 25, 2008

Okay, it looks like me being "the choice" for Joss Whedon's "Dollhouse" has turned into me actually being booked for the project. It should be fun; sure I'd like to do more, but I'd rather be on set than not right now. Make no mistake; it's great to book another job, but the smaller co-star roles are not so much where I want to go with my career.

One of the many good things about it is that they agreed to pay me more than I expected thanks to my agent. Of course the money isn't the only good thing, but it's an important element in the bigger picture. Another good thing is that this is the 3rd time that this particular casting office has hired me. That is definitely a good thing. Oh yeah, ANOTHER great thing is that I now have something new and fresh to send postcards about. So there you go; it's usually better to be working than not - usually.

Oh yeah, and how can I forget this positive part of the equation? It’s a SAG show and not AFTRA. I know I’ll eventually work under an AFTRA contract, but right now I don’t even pursue AFTRA shows in my personal hustle. Hopefully, one day things will change, but right now in my mind AFTRA = a pay cut. For the life of me I can’t understand why AFTRA is SO okay with actors working for less than we have in the past. I keep thinking I’m missing something about AFTRA, but I can’t get anyone to explain to me how AFTRA is moving acting as a profession in a positive direction.

http://www.stephonfuller.com/consultations.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hRX79E75yA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vMXinr1N9w

No comments: