Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Well, I “thought” I was off work last night. I was “on-call” and was called in to cover someone else’s shift. I’m tired, plus I have two overnight shifts to follow. I’m not complaining, I’m just sayin’.

Audition: “Kath & Kim” @ Greenstein/Daniel Casting. I read for a series regular role on the show a couple months ago and it’s nice to get back in there. It’s not a series regular role, but something is usually better than nothing – usually.

I worked overnight last night; got off at 7am this morning, slept from 8am until 9am, rehearsed some more from 9am to 9:30 in order to make it to my audition at 10:30am. Whew! At least I’m off tonight.

When I first read the sides I had this character in mind that I wanted to go in as, but in the end decided not to take the risk of taking it too over the top. I was hoping I wouldn’t regret it. The audition, which was a pre-read, went well. I read it once, got some direction and did it again and was on my way.

Soon as I got in the car to leave my agent called. My first thought was that I needed to return to the casting office to read again with more direction. I listened to the voice mail from my agent and it instructed me to call the office. That usually means that I booked something or am close to booking something. Could I have booked the “Kath & Kim” that quick? Stranger things have happened…not to me, but they’ve happened I’m sure.

When I called the office the agent that left the voicemail was on a conference call and I spoke to one of my other agents – the one that covered the “Kath & Kim” office. She asked how it went; I told her and she said that the other agent would return my call shortly.

A short while later my call was returned. The news was that I was “the choice” for the role from my audition for “Dollhouse” yesterday. My agent needed to confirm my quote information to make the deal. Cool!

Five minutes later the “Kath & Kim” agent called back to say that I have a callback for “Kath & Kim” tomorrow at the studio. Yay!!

http://www.stephonfuller.com/consultations.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hRX79E75yA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vMXinr1N9w

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That's awesome! Good luck!

jenny m said...

Congratulations Stephon! Keep up the good work! And thank you so much for sharing everything on your blog. As a fellow actor, it is nice to hear other people's experiences :-) All the best!

Stephon Fuller said...

Thanks you two!

Stephon