Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Audition/Tape/Producers: OMG! When my agent called with this appointment I could tell that she REALLY didn’t want me to go in on it and I understand why. It was another really small co-star role. But the thing is that I’ve been dropping off photos around town; specifically to people I have worked with in the past. Well, that’s not totally true I’ve been dropping off to a lot of places, whether I’ve worked with them or not, but this particular place has an associate who hired me last year. I was trying to jog her memory.

Maybe it worked, I don’t know, but the thing is I didn’t want to drop-off within the week and then not come in when/if they call with an appointment. I mean, there are situations where I would do that, but I felt that I wanted to go in on this. I didn’t want the word to be “well, we keep getting his photo and postcards in the drop box so why is he refusing to come in?” I actually do drop-offs in different ways to different offices depending on which one of my agents cover that particular office. It can get a little dicey sometimes, but hey, “a brotha needs to work – knowwhatimsayin?”

Anyway, the audition went okay. The best part was that they talked about the other job I had booked through the associate. That was cool because they know I’m hirable. So, on to the next and, hopefully, more substantial one.

http://www.stephonfuller.com/consultations.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hRX79E75yA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vMXinr1N9w

No comments: