Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I attended another SAG Town Hall Membership Meeting tonight and, once again, there were embarrassingly few SAG members in attendance. Not to judge, but I don’t understand it, there are 50,000+ plus SAG members in Hollywood and I would think that at least 1,000 would attend some of the meetings. It’s only our futures as professionals at stake. Let me tell you, the AMPTP is trying their best to eliminate residuals, weaken SAG and work closer with AFTRA who seems to be willing to make things as easy as possible for them to give actors the short end of the stick. Maybe I’m wrong, but that’s the way it looks to me.

Some of the newly elected SAG board members were in attendance, but none of them spoke. Hopefully, they can help to get things back on track – whatever that means these days.

No comments: