Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Check this out - this afternoon I was out dropping off photos and when I was waiting for the elevator in the last building I saw a young woman that I thought I recognized.  I couldn’t remember her name, but I was pretty certain that she was a casting associate. 

 

After a moment the elevator came and me, her and one other guy got in.  I was searching my head trying to remember her name, but I didn’t say anything to her; after all I could have been mistaken.  Plus, my preferred style is in the low-key realm – most of the time.

 

I thought I knew where she worked in the building and I sometimes drop a photo there when making the rounds, but this time I forgot and only had one photo on me – the rest were in the car. 

 

So the other guy got off the elevator, which left just her and I; I still didn’t say anything to her verbally, but here’s what I did do.  I had my photo in my hand and I wanted her to see it and my name – especially my name.  I figured, if I couldn’t remember her name, maybe she couldn’t remember mine.  So I kinda played with my photo, with the headshot and the name facing her.  I was sorta bouncing it on my leg while waiting for my floor to exit.   I didn’t want her to possibly have something on her desk that I was right for but not be able to remember my name. 

 

Who knows, maybe my photo would jog her memory.  Maybe she already knew who I was.  Maybe she had no idea who I was and didn’t care and didn’t look at the photo.  Maybe she works at a law firm and has no idea how TV and Film is cast.  I don’t know.

 

I do know this though; less than 20 minutes later my agent called with an appointment from her casting office – at least the one I think she works at.


www.stephonfuller.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's wild! well done. -jayk