Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Wow! Some amazing sh*t happened yesterday. We have a new President-Elect and for the first time in the history of America it’s not a Caucasian man. I have a very general disdain for politicians of all colors, genders and party affiliations. I don’t hate them; I just have very little confidence in their integrity and that’s always tough when it comes time to cast my vote. Basically, in my eyes, politicians are guilty until proven innocent. Sure, I’m exaggerating a little, but you probably see where I’m coming from.

I’m an independent thinker and have always been that way. My way of running my acting career says that loud and clear. But I have to say that I like this Barack Obama guy. When I say “like him”; I mean him personally or what I know of him from a significant distance. I think he’s cut from a good cloth. I think he has a lot of integrity. I think family means a lot to him. I think he’s smart, really smart. I even think he’s cool - Denzel cool. That’s pretty cool coming from me. None of these things means that he’ll be a successful President, but I think it’s a great start.

I’m rooting for him, his daughters, his wife and puppy in a big way; not only because I like him, but because the short term success of many in this country are relying on it. I sure hope he can get things turned around onto a better track.

Audition/Tape: “Surviving Suburbia” @ GO Casting. I was right! Well, sorta. Remember yesterday when I was talking about being in the elevator with the casting associate? When I entered the room to audition today, the associate Stacy Taylor, acknowledged that she had seen me just a day prior in the building. Also, one of the partners, Leslie Gelles (the “G” in GO Casting) was acting as the reader in the audition and said that she also saw me get out of the elevator and that reminded her to bring me in.

It’s funny because often times I get the impression that many actors think that drop-offs are a waste of time. I am living proof that they are not a waste of time. Or it could be that my perspective is very different than most. It’s the intangible things about drop-offs that have benefited me the most over the years. Well, there have been tangible things too – like going to Tokyo and booking “The Terminal” from a drop.

At any rate it was a very cool thing to hear from Stacy and Leslie; I hadn’t seen Leslie since she was an associate years ago and it was great to get reacquainted with her. The audition went well and hopefully they’ll bring me in for something else in the near future if I don’t book this one.

www.stephonfuller.com

http://www.stephonfuller.com

No comments: