Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Of course I sometimes wonder why I seem to be the crash test dummy of what can happen when it comes to booking an acting job. Ironically, I was supposed to be a crash test dummy in the Cheeto’s commercial that I booked and then was unbooked from. Guinea pig? Maybe that’s just the way it goes in life – things come and go.

I mention this because I wonder who showed up on set at FOX studios today to shoot the role I was “the choice” on “Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles”. It sure wasn’t me, but that’s okay. Actually I take it as a compliment. My commercial agent said this about the situation; “Welcome to the big leagues where you are in conflict with your own performance...” I love that!! Especially coming from an agent/owner of such a well respected agency.

I had a situation back in 2000 where I was on the other side of the coin. An actor had booked a job in a movie-of–the-week and then fell ill; ultimately I ended up with the job. Eventually, years later, I met the actor I replaced in that MOW and always have great conversations with him to this day. Interesting enough I hadn’t ever brought it up to him because I thought he knew what had happened. To my surprise he told me that he was so sick that he had no recollection of what had happened. I filled him on the story that he was hearing for the first time; it was pretty neat because I assumed that he knew all these years – we got a good laugh out of it.

Anyway, I say congratulations to whomever got to work on the show today; it wasn’t me, but something else will come through for me in the near future. I believe it, I know it.

http://www.stephonfuller.com

No comments: