Sunday, February 08, 2009

Callback: (on a Sunday) “Verizon FIOS” @ Kathy Knowles Casting. Okay, this was pretty funny. Since I came up with the brilliant assessment that my glasses are holding me back in every thing I do in life I decided to go to the callback wearing contact lenses. I figured that way it might be easier to see my eyes and make “the connection”.

First, I have to say it’s great to run into so many actors that I’ve seen on the circuit for years and years some even going back to my New York days. Even though we are all competing for a job that could pay tens of thousands of dollars there is a great sense of camaraderie in the air. Make me proud to be a professional in this field.

So it’s my turn in the room with the director and the rest of the creative team. Everyone seems to be nice and the director was especially friendly. There were two different spots being casts and after the first take the director asked me if I had the glasses that I wore in the first audition with before with me??? I told him “yes, and that they were in my jacket in the lobby”.

Typically, the answer to that would be “oh don’t worry, it’s no big deal”, but no; this director was willing to wait to see those particular frames. So I run out to the lobby to get my glasses and put them on and I quickly figured out that contact lenses and glasses…on the same eyes…and at the same time do not work so well together. I didn’t want to take the time to remove my contacts and hold up the session that was already running behind schedule.

My vision with glasses and contacts was crazy! But I made it work for me; it was almost like I had a secret. In fact I did have a secret – my secret was that I couldn’t see SHIT!! Thankfully, I knew the dialogue.

Anyway, I felt that the callback went well and the director seemed particularly interested in what I had to offer, but he might have been that way with everyone.

http://www.stephonfuller.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get lasik! I did it over a year ago and it was the BEST.