Thursday, February 26, 2009

Geez, I’m pretty worn out from working last night, but as I expected my phone started ringing very early with the logistics of travel and the shoot in New York.

I really hope this happens. What I mean by that is booking the job is not always enough. Just because you book a commercial doesn’t mean you will get to shoot the commercial. Just because you shoot a commercial doesn’t mean you’ll be in the final edit. Just because you are in the final edit doesn’t mean it will run more than once. Not trying to sound pessimistic, but I’m a realist and these are all situations I’ve experience first hand in the commercial and theatrical world.

Of course, way more often than not my bookings have proceeded as scheduled, but in recent years I’ve experienced more than my share of weirdness. Usually, I try to look at it as the more I book the more likely weird things will happen…and that weirdness goes both ways; for better or for not so much better. Anyway, I should get my travel itinerary tomorrow so I know when, where and for how long. I’m also glad to say that my manager was great in making my missing work no big deal.

http://www.stephonfuller.com

2 comments:

Dani @ OKDani.com said...

You're not a pessimist, you're a realist. I just wish I knew that fact beforehand. I shot a commercial last summer, took all day, had all these different scenes and lines, in the final edit, me and a couple others were chopped out so much, you can barely tell I'm in the commercial. It hurt. bad.

I love your blog, always have.

Dani
www.daniellefaust.com
danyellefaust.blogspot.com

Stephon Fuller said...

Hopefully, you still got residuals.