Saturday, February 28, 2009

Yesterday morning I was asleep after working the previous overnight shift. My phone rang and I saw that it was my commercial agency. I really, really hoped it wasn’t the type of news I got after my last commercial booking. That was not good news.

I retrieved the voicemail with a slight cringe having no idea what to expect. It was Jamie, one of the assistants, from the agency. Right away I felt that things couldn’t be too bad because if it was it would have been the voice of Samantha, the agent handling the booking.

The next thing that happened was that Jamie took a pause before saying whatever it was she had to say. That pause didn’t feel good. My heart was racing – I mean RACING. The next word I understood her to say was “Contract”. My split second reaction was “NOOOOO!” The next word after that was “Expired”. LOL!! I’m thinking my contract for the “KY Jelly” commercial has expired and I’ve been replaced; just like the “Cheetos” commercial! Crazy I know, but after all the weirdness I’ve had with bookings in recent years I’m a little edgy okay, LOL!

Anyway, it turns out that it was all great news. Jamie was informing me that my commercial contract with the agency had expired and that I needed to set up an appointment to resign a new 3 year agreement. That’s good right? I’ve been with KSR (formerly KSA), one of the top commercial houses in Los Angeles, for almost 11 years and they want to keep the relationship alive. That is a reason to smile and not panic.

With that, it looks like I am really flying to New York early tomorrow morning; it’s actually going to happen. I’m really, really excited.

http://www.stephonfuller.com

No comments: