Thursday, March 05, 2009

I spoke to the entertainment reporter this afternoon. I am completely blown away at how my writing this thing – My Long Ass Bio – has gained any amount of interest. Yes, I say “Bio” because I’d never heard of blogging when I started writing it. I’m sure someone was using the term, but I’d never heard it. Personally, I’m still not too much of a fan of the reverse-chronological order of a blog; I prefer reading my bio that reads forward like a book, but I enjoy maintaining both formats.

It’s funny because I’ve always been intimidated by writing because I have such a hard time focusing, I don’t type well and dyslexia makes updating quite the challenge. That said, I really, really enjoy doing it and am so glad that I have kept up with it. Hopefully, someday I’ll have children and they will be able to read it and get a true sense of what their father experienced while pursuing his career.

I admittedly had a smile on my face after finishing the call with the reporter because, I mean, he must think I have something to say…I think I do. Right? I guess.

http://www.stephonfuller.com

2 comments:

schwammy said...

As a working actor, your bio has taught me the importance of being a relentless self-marketer. I just think "What would Stephon do?" and that has so far eliminated the need for a manager.

Dani @ OKDani.com said...

I'm sooooo grateful that you blog. (Or Bio)

I love reading about your ups and downs and inbetweens. It's both inspiring and encouraging and I've learned a lot from your story.

Now I'm blogging as I make my way in this kooky industry.