Wednesday, March 04, 2009

This morning the weather has warmed up to a whopping 18 degrees. 18 degrees! Nice! Anyway, I have a 7am pickup at the hotel for a 9:30 flight back to LA. While driving through Brooklyn, looking out the window at the huge metropolis also know as New York City it seemed so long ago that it was where I was living. Time does fly by.

I’m happy that I actually got to shoot the commercial. I guess that means that I’m about 96% of the way to what I hope to be a 100% experience. It’s already been quite incredible whether the spot runs or not.

I arrived at JFK early so I asked about getting on the 8:30am flight instead of the 9:29, but it was completely full. The lady was wondering why they system didn’t charge me $15 for my checked bag. She was nice, but I don’t think she expected me to be flying first-class – that’s why my bag was free. That’s what she gets for assuming.

On the return flight I sat next to Randall Park, who’d I’d hadn’t met previously, but we ran into each other at the hotel a couple of nights prior. I had forgotten about how I was going to get home from LAX until I was almost to baggage claim. Right at that exact moment I looked up and saw a man with a sign that said “S. Fuller” and next to him was a woman with a sign that said “Park”.



They were the drivers to put the last touches on the last leg of our trip back home. I should always travel like that!

So I arrived at my apartment, took my suitcase upstairs and within 30 seconds was on my way to the casting office of the director meeting that had been cancelled. I knew I wouldn’t see the director, but I wanted to stop by and say hello anyway.

So there you have it; it was an incredible trip. Everything worked out perfectly. The only thing that might have made it better would have been if I was dating someone I would have taken them with me by requesting two coach tickets instead of one first-class ticket. Cool, so now I can add New York, to my list of Madrid, Miami & Tokyo to places I’ve traveled for work. I think next I want to go to South America, Australia or Africa…or downtown LA…I just wanna get another job, LOL!

Oh, I almost forgot to mention. This morning I received an email from an entertainment reporter from a major news outlet with an interview request. Ironically it’s the same news outlet that is my homepage on my internet browser. To be honest, I almost deleted it because I didn’t think it was anything of importance. In hindsight, the subject line was very clear as to what they request was pertaining to. I take that as a sign that I need to slow the heck down and pay more attention and not try to do 1,000 things at once – attention deficient gets in my way sometimes. I’m working on focusing better.

http://www.stephonfuller.com/

No comments: