Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Okay, it’s really cold. This morning it’s 12 degrees. Twelve degrees?? Why? What is the reason for such cold temperatures? How did I even live in New York and brave those conditions? I don’t know, maybe because I grew up in Virginia and we had 4 real seasons too.

I’m chillin’ today; I decided to stay an extra day and hope that I didn’t miss anything back in LA. When production called initially, before they booked my plane ticket, I asked them to schedule me that way so I wouldn’t have to pay to change the ticket myself.

I caught up with my friend, Genine, who lives uptown. While having lunch with her my agent calls with an appointment for tomorrow in LA. It’s scheduled about 20 minutes after I’m supposed to land…hmm, not sure I can make that. Actually, it’s a meeting with the director and not an appointment to read material. It’s for Debra Zane’s office and I have a bit of a history with them.

My agent, Caleigh, said not to worry about coming back early and that they were going to send my demo reel over instead. Okay, but of course, I’m still thinking about getting on the red-eye tonight even though I really don’t want to. Or maybe I can get on an earlier flight in the morning.

Later I caught up with another friend, former LA-based actress turned New York-based Tanika Brown-Mckelvy. We had a great time catching up and laughing. She’s definitely doing her thing and not wasting time getting in the mix there. She’s even working with some of the top-notch commercial agents I worked with when I was in based there. It’s interesting to watch her use LA experience and apply it to now being New York based. Usually it’s the other way around. Good luck Tanika!

Last night, in the lounge at The W, I ran into a friend who lives right down the street from me in Los Angeles. It was crazy, we hadn’t seen each other for several months and we run into each 3,000 miles away. Her name is Celines Toribio she is doing her thing too. Before that I had run into fellow actor Christopher King who I met when I lived in New York. He then moved to LA for a few years and is now back in New York. Funny enough, ironically the friend that was with him had auditioned 3 times for the “KY Jelly” commercials too – small world.

http://www.stephonfuller.com

1 comment:

BadassNikaBrown said...

Thanks, Stephon! It was so great to see you. You are such an inspiration. I auditioned for Eisa's play, Angela's Mixtape. Such a small world!