Friday, July 03, 2009

Today someone I met a few months ago looked me up on IMDB and commented about the acting credits I’ve built up over the years. She assumed that “a good amount of them” were background credits without dialogue. I wasn’t at all offended; I was intrigued by how she came up with that assessment. I asked her and she said she thought I was the type that would talk a good game, but really be full of a lot of hot air. What ??? I mean I talk a lot of smack, but it’s usually when I’m in character and just messing around. I guess she believed the character I created. I found that to be hilarious. Actually, I hadn’t spoken to her about my credits at all which is why she didn’t already know what I had or hadn’t done. I take the whole thing as a huge compliment because every single one of my credits were and are hard earned and legitimate.

I think it’s simply that’s she’s new to the game and didn’t really know that I’m not so new to the game. I also don’t think she knows many actors who have actually made a living as a professional performer for any length of time – so she assumed that I hadn’t either. I wonder how many other people might think the same thing. Who knows…

No comments: