Monday, November 16, 2009

Okay, crazy day on tap. I have 2 auditions, a callback and my rescheduled headshot session. Somehow, someway I will get all of this done. The first audition is at 11am, but the callback is at 11:05 a couple of miles away. The second audition is at 5pm at the same place as the first, but the headshot session is scheduled for 3pm. What to do, what to do.

I called my agent to see if I could be seen for the 5pm one at the same time as the 11am one which I would actually go to @ 10am. You never really because sometimes there are different categories being seen throughout the day; fortunately the answer was yes.

Audition: “Hyundai” @ Ross Lacy Casting. This went great. It was a simple question and answer type dealio and I was firing on all eight – super funny, sharp and entertaining. I don’t know if that’s what they were looking for, but that’s what they got and I had a great time. Afterwards, I headed to the other side of the facility to the 5pm appointment.

Audition: “Freschetta” @ Ross Lacy Casting. This one went pretty good; not great, not particularly fun, but good nonetheless.

I was finished by 10:55 and when I got in the car I had a message from my theatrical agency. The word was that the offer finally came in for “Grey’s Anatomy”; I had auditioned for the role 17 days ago. I was thrilled to be booked on the show! Yeah, it would be nice if it was a larger role, but it’s great to be booked. They didn’t low-ball my quote AND it’s a SAG show. So, so glad it isn’t an AFTRA show. Oh yeah, I shoot tomorrow.

I arrived at the callback, right on time, at 11:05. It goes really well for me; not so well for my “wife”/partner. The director was pretty direct about how he felt about what she was doing. I felt bad for her; I definitely been in situations where things weren’t going well at a callback or audition.

I rushed back home to get ready for my headshot session when the Grey’s Anatomy wardrobe department called to schedule a fitting for 4pm. Nope, can’t do it. I told them I could do 2:15 and then head straight to my photo shoot. They agreed to that. I arrived, tried on their choices, and was in and out in 8 minutes. From there I went straight to see the photographer, John Ganun.

I don’t particularly like doing the headshot thing, but I’m usually able to put my game face on and have a successful shoot. The headshots that I’m currently using are almost 6 years old and they still aren’t bad…even after all this time. But I feel that it’s time to put something fresh into the marketplace. The shoot went well; I think we got some good stuff. Exhausted, I went home to get a little sleep before going to work and then to shoot Grey’s Anatomy directly afterwards.

http://www.stephonfuller.com

5 comments:

Brandi Ford said...

In case you didn't know, Grey's is my favorite show so I'll be looking forward to seeing your episode. Congrats!

Kay Richardson said...

Wow. You actually get callbacks and that. I don't. I wish I were you. Can we swap places for the day? I have a sexy girlfriend.

Nicole Fairbrother said...

Congrats on Grey's Anatomy. Can't wait to read all about the experience.

Cheers,
Nic

Roxie said...

CONGRATS Stephon. I've been blog-stalking you to see what happened with Grey's. Can't wait to see you on the show! I'm so glad that things are on the up and up for you finally, it's about dang time right!? The new headshots will be great so quit your worrying already lol.

Stephon Fuller said...

@Kay - Yeah, I get callbacks on occasion and sure you'll get some in the future too! Hang in there.

@Nicole, Roxie & AmbitiousB - Thank you!