Friday, November 13, 2009

This morning (after working all night last night) I drove out to Sun Valley High School to participate in a WGA-sponsored program to read scripts that some of the students have written. It was a blast! I think we read 7 scripts and I was in a about 5 of them.

It’s crazy because, we the actors, have almost zero time to prepare. We all just jumped in and went for it. In two of the scripts my character name was “Jose” so I used my newly acquired Spanish accent – funny and fun. I’ll be doing more of these in the near future. While I was working with the kids my agent emailed me to say that I’m still pinned for Grey’s Anatomy – wow, it’s been 2 full weeks since I auditioned and they still haven’t booked the role. I guess they haven’t “moved on without me”…at least not yet.

Afterwards, I drove home. Not yet to sleep, but to change clothes for a commercial audition.

Audition: “Taco Bell” @ Ross Lacy Casting. It went well and I’m right for it. NOW I can go home and sleep.

While asleep, my agent sends me another message informing me that the casting office for Grey’s Anatomy called to ask for my quote, but it still isn’t an official booking. That is great news. They didn’t say, at least not yet, that they won’t pay my quote (it isn’t that high) AND the fact that it’s a SAG job. Thankfully it isn’t an AFTRA job. Right now, SAG money is the best money for me.

Oh yeah, check out my friend's new blog http://badassnikabrown.blogspot.com/

http://www.stephonfuller.com

No comments: