Tuesday, December 08, 2009

I was so tired after working last night, but the call to inform me that I’m on avail for “cars.com” made it easier to get up and ready for my audition today.

Audition: “Budweiser” @ Alyson Horn Casting. This was fun; I got to lie about some of the ways I order a beer at a bar. Obviously, I’ve never ordered a beer at a bar…at least not for myself. It was fun, that acting thing, the committing to something that wasn’t. I like it. I wanna be an actor. Hey, I am an actor! A professional actor too!

As I was walking back to my car my commercial agency called. As usual, I let the call go to voicemail. I retrieved the message, thinking it might be a call for another appointment for today, but that thought changed when I heard the voice of my agent Samantha. These days most of my correspondence with my agents is through email. We correspond quite often, just not verbally and when I do talk to someone it’s usually to the wonderful Leah or the wonderful Jamie. So hearing Samantha’s was great surprise. Talking to my commercially agents, in my experience, usually means one of two things: either I’m being booked on a job or I’m being unbooked on a job. (fyi, the latter sucks.)

It was Samantha congratulating me because I booked the “cars.com” commercial. YES!!! The prospective run is: national network, cable, internet and a possible screengrab for the “cars.com website. Cool! No mention of the Super Bowl.

http://www.stephonfuller.com

No comments: