Thursday, January 07, 2010

Okay, busy day in store. Not sure how it’s all going to play out, but I‘ve got my game face on.

Audition: “Partnership for a Drug-Free America” @ Leilani and Jennifer Casting. I arrived at this audition early so I could, hopefully, get in and out so I could get to my second one on time in order to make it to my 3rd one on time.

So I arrived in Santa Monica and it seemed like it could work, but as I waited and waited it started to look like I was going to have to leave…without being seen. The audition is a PSA and I don’t think it pays. I’ll try to come back later, but right now, I have to get to ABC/Prospect for a job that I really want to book. LA traffic, be my friend.

I got to the studio about 3 minutes late, which I hate because I like to “find my center” before I go in to read. Of course, I was called immediately and as a result I was a little “off center”.

Audition: “Private Practice” @ Lowy/Brace Casting. Just getting this appointment is great news. Why? Because it’s part of a bigger plan to re-connect with this office. They are a very important casting office in this town and I wanna be on their radar. I’d had auditioned for them in years past, but I wanted to freshen up.

I met one of the associates in mid-October. Got called in for a pre-read on “Grey’s Anatomy” 10 days later and had a call back that same afternoon…the callback just went okay. One week later I was called straight to producers for the next episode of “Grey’s Anatomy”. This one again went really well and later that afternoon got the news that I was in the running for the role. Seventeen days later I was officially booked and shot the role the next day. So the plan is to “crossover” to one of their other shows’ “Private Practice”…and he we are. The plan is working!

I went in and laid down the first take, got some direction and did it again. I nailed the re-direct, but I walked away feeling a little confused. Why? I’m not sure. Maybe because I know that this particular office usually gives callbacks “in the room” and I didn’t get the go-ahead that I was being called back. That’s okay, maybe they’ll call later…or maybe I sucked, lol! I don’t think I sucked, but I wanted to move to the next round. I’ll get ‘em next time…and there WILL be a next time. So I race out of there in dash on my way back to Santa Monica for a commercial callback.

Audition/Callback: “Lowe’s” @ Joe Blake Casting. Ehh, I felt okay about this one. There was some confusing about what role I was being seen for, but that wasn’t a big deal. Ya never know, but I didn’t walk out of the room feeling that I was the guy that was going to get the job.

Afterwards I drove back to the first audition that I had to leave in earlier in the morning to see if there was a chance I could still be seen…and there was. I went in, had a little fun and that was that.

http://www.stephonfuller.com

No comments: