Friday, February 26, 2010

Audition: “Charter Communications” @ Ross Lacy Casting. This went really well. I auditioned with a group of five actors, including myself. I think I was the youngest by about 30 years! Wow! Some old folks came out today and I was thrilled to see them. They kinda reminded me of my late mom Louise. I even saw one woman’s resume and her name was “Lou- Lou”. That’s what some people used to call my mom.

During the audition we were all asked a question which started with “Where are you from?” Of course I answered “Virginia Beach, VA”. Then I was asked what my first experience with loss was. For me, my first real experience with loss was losing my mom on November 15th 2002. He asked how old I was and I answered “….old”. I said a few more things and then I blanked out and don’t remember too much afterwards. I almost started crying right there in the room…just caught me by surprise is all.

At any rate, before we started he told us that the director of the commercial is a photographer and is simply looking for snapshots of emotion. I think I nailed that with my mom, “Louise, Lou-Lou, Weezy” Fuller on my shoulder. I love you mom. I miss you.

Next up…nope, I’m not a headshot photographer, but I shot some headshots for an old friend of mine, William Gregory Lee. Greg and I met on September 22nd 1993 in our first acting class in Virginia Beach, VA. I have to say that a lot has happened in both of our careers since then. Between the two of us we’ve worked in South Africa, Spain, New Zealand, Japan, London, Miami, Hawaii and of course New York & Los Angeles. There is a lot more to come from the both of us.

Lastly I received notice that I’d been released from my avail for the SEARS commercial. AH! Too bad; I had a really good feeling about that one. I‘ll get something else in the near future; actually I’ve already f got something else – the “Marie Callender’s/Healthy Choice” commercial. I shoot on Thursday of next week.

Completing my huge list of drop-offs is taking me a lot longer than I expected, but that’s okay; I’ve been busy. I thought I would have had it all done last week, but I think I underestimated just how much I was trying to get accomplished. It’s no big deal; I’ll get it done when I get it done. Even after I “get it done” I’m not really done because there will always be more to do. I’m just trying to get a foundation to work from; I’m about half way there. It’s hard with the schedule that I keep, but I’m not sure what else to do. I mean, from my POV, it’s seems that the best way to escape from babysitting adults on The Sunset Strip is to keep doing what I have to do while I have to do it. I am one determined mofo. I believe I should be working in this business and that is exactly what I am going after to be a working actor…again. I’ll get there…trust that.

http://www.stephonfuller.com

No comments: