Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Audition: “True Jackson VP” @ Harriet Greenspan Casting. This went okay, super rushed, but okay. I did it once, got some direction and did it again and I was on my way.

After the audition on the Paramount lot I was walking back to my car and saw that I had a message from my commercial agency, Kazarian-Spencer-Ruskin (KSR). Usually, I get my audition notices through e-mail and confirm through e-mail before the wonderful assistants, Leah or Jamie, have to call me with the same information. This was a missed call/message and no e-mail.

Of course, one of the thoughts that went through my head was that I had been replaced, fired, etc…no longer booked on the “Healthy Choice/Marie Callender’s” commercial. I don’t say that to sound pessimistic; I’m just a realist and know a lot about how the casting process works…sometimes I think it would be better if I knew less than I do. All in all knowledge is power.

Booking the job is just part of the journey that most actors would consider commercial success; I consider it about 91% of the way. Once you book the commercial you need to actually get the opportunity to shoot it. I can tell you from personal experience that just because an actor is booked on a commercial doesn’t mean that the actor will get to shoot that commercial and even if you shoot it doesn’t mean you’ll be in the final edit to air…if it airs at all. Lots of variables in play.

Anyway, I checked the voicemail and it was assistant Leah. This was a good sign because if I was being replaced/fired, etc. my agent Samantha would have been the one leaving the message. It’s funny how so many thoughts went through my head in a split second because after Leah said her name, but before she started the message she paused for what seemed like an eternity. Finally, I got the voicemail message which was that I would be receiving an audition notice through e-mail and to disregard it because I’m already scheduled to be shooting tomorrow. Sigh! A few minutes later I got my call time for tomorrow.

I’m glad I received the audition notice anyway because I will try to make that audition as well. Could be an early wrap on the commercial, late call time who knows, but I don’t like missing auditions.


http://www.stephonfuller.com

No comments: