Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Audition: “The Untitled Dana Gould Project” @ Barylski/Wright Casting. I arrived at the Warner Bros. Ranch Studio Lot early and had a great warm-up session outside by myself. Casting Director Deborah Barylski entered the building as I was outside and greeted me warmly. Deborah hired me years ago for the ABC pilot “Life With Bonnie”. It’s rare that casting directors actually hire actors directly, but that’s exactly what Deborah did for me in the pilot season of 2002. I auditioned, left the room, she called me back in and gave me direction, I read it again and she told me that she was going to recommend that Bonnie hire me. “Bonnie”, as in Bonnie Hunt. She also explained to me that since it was a pilot she would have to get approval from the network. Three weeks later I got the news that the network signed off on me.

Back to the read…I felt really good about it and I think I’m right for the character…or at least in the ballpark of what is right. I really hope I get to the next round.

Audition: “Time-Warner Cable” @ Ross Lacy Casting. This went really well…on the 4th take! Yeah, my partner and myself, mostly me, got off to a bit of a rough start. Actually, I think it made it even better because at that point we were certainly having fun and that is usually a good thing. Hopefully, I’ll get a callback.

http://www.stephonfuller.com

No comments: