Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Happy birthday to my car. I purchased it, used, 6 years ago today. When I bought the car I had no idea how I was going to make the monthly loan payments. I had been doing my best, with mixed results, to live a cash-only life; I was surprised that I was even able to get a loan in the first place. I literally didn’t know where I’d get the money for the very first payment due just 30 days later.

CUT TO: Several years later.

Somehow, I was able to pay the car off one month early and now enjoy having reliable transportation without a payment. Yeah, like most people, I’d LOVE to have a newer car, but now isn’t the right time for that…it doesn’t fit into staying as close to being debt-free as possible. Now THAT is a great feeling and I plan to keep it that way. I’ll get a nice ride one of these days, but I’ll do it in a way that, hopefully, makes sense.

http://www.stephonfuller.com

1 comment:

Ted M said...

Wow, isn't that how it goes. My car is 10 years old, so a 6 year old car would feel like new. Of course, I don't live in LA, so I'm sure I don't have to drive as much as you. I also don't get as many auditions as you. I'm glad I found your blog 'cause it reminds that yes you can auditions as an actor. You are my inspiration.

duet acting acting duet disney acting an actor prepares