Saturday, March 27, 2010

Tonight at work one of my guests/customers was a director and his wife that I met 8-10 months ago at the restaurant. Of course I didn’t know he was a director when I first encountered him; it came out in the small talk we were having. Turns out he was in town from London meeting with agents. He told me about his film and I checked it out on their website. I contacted him to tell that I really enjoyed it and he responded in kind.

CUT TO: 8-10 months later…

He and his wife came back in the restaurant and I recognized him right away, but it took me a moment to remember exactly how and in what context I’d had met them. Then it came to me; I remembered the table they sat at, the reason he was in Los Angeles, they agency he signed with…and his name. He was completely shocked.

Since the time I’d first seen him he had left the agency he originally signed with, moved to one of the Big Four agencies, got a project in pre-production…and moved to Los Angeles from London just 4 days prior. He said they didn’t know anyone so they came back to the restaurant; a somewhat familiar place for them. He told me that in a few days he was set to visit 3 different places out of town for location scouting for his project. He also asked for my contact info to stay in touch. Cool. I sensed that he and his wife are nice, genuine people so I gladly gave them my information. I wish them both the best.

http://www.stephonfuller.com

No comments: