Saturday, January 15, 2011

How cool is this? So I’m at my night job; yeah, the one I work at night until the wee hours of the morning, and I see a recognizable face. I say “hello” and he returns in kind. It was the director of the Healthy Choice/Marie Callendar’s commercial I did in March ’10. Unfortunately, the spot didn’t/hasn’t run hardly at all as of yet, but I did recently get another holding fee so maybe there is still a chance.

It seems like that has been the story of my life of late in the commercial world – It goes like this: I book a commercial but it doesn’t run or it runs a tiny, tiny bit. What gives? And I always have confidence that “the next one” is the one that’s going to do great for me. I mean; there isn’t much I can do about it, but keep trying to book, stay grateful for every opportunity from my wonderful agents, be thankful that the best and busiest casting directors in this town still believe in me and my talent and hope for the best, but still…

I think what it is is that I’ve done roughly 35 commercials and most of the first 20-25 all ran and I made decent/good money on them and now I’m just in the natural “ebb of the ebb & flow of abundance”. That great thing about it is that since I’ve radically changed my relationship with money I’m not waiting for the checks and THAT is a great feeling.

Anyway, back to being at the night job. The director remembered me and we made a little small talk and he said he was working on a series of spots for a client with the same creative team and he’d love to work with me again. He then asked my last name, put it in his phone and along with my commercial agency. What better way to book an acting job than to have the director in your corner? Of course, I’m not banking on anything happening, but you never know. I feel that, in some cases, “who you know” is less important than “who knows you”. I sent a message to all of my commercial agents…mostly to let them know I’m still out here trying to make it happen for the team. I’m not waiting by the phone, but I really hope something comes of it.

http://www.stephonfuller.com

2 comments:

ACTRESS CONFESSIONS said...

I LOVE YOUR BLOG!

Stephon Fuller said...

Thank you so much for checking in; good luck to you on your journey!

Stephon