Friday, January 07, 2011

I guess I’m still employed. I say that because production contacted me with my call time for Monday. It’s way out in Acton, about 50 miles away, where I shot the www.cars.com commercial in December ’09 for last years Super Bowl. I have to say that I made pretty good money on that for a commercial that very few people saw…and I didn’t even make the 30-second version. I was only in the 60-second one.

I’ve got a lot on my plate for the next several days, but I think I can handle it as long as I keep my head in the game. My schedule is this: I worked overnight last night (Thursday) and I’ll be doing the same Friday, Saturday & Sunday nights as well.

Here is where it gets interesting. I’ll get off work around 4:30-5:00am on Monday morning and I have a call time of 7:30am for THE MENTALIST 50 miles away in Acton, CA. I’ll need to be on the road around 6:15am to be on time. Some would take the evening off, but I’m planning to soldier through. I love that beautiful drive out there and I’m really looking forward to it. They say that there might be snow at that elevation.

So I’ll get to the location, shoot for as long as it takes and somehow, someway try to make it back in time to get seen for these commercial auditions I have scheduled for Monday afternoon as well. Looks doubtful, at best, but you better believe I’m going to try and fit it all in. All that, of course, before I go back to the night job that evening. I’m tired just thinking about it! But I have no doubt that I can do it…no doubt at all.

I have to be willing to do more than the average person if I want better than average results. And I can tell you that average results, in this business, is NOT where I can afford to be. Not with the lofty goals I have for 2011…and beyond.

http://www.stephonfuller.com

No comments: