Monday, January 03, 2011

Today was a great, first business day of 2011. I started out with hitting the gym before the sun came up. Then made the 50 mile round-trip to Chatsworth for my wardrobe fitting for RAISING HOPE. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve made that same trip just to drop-off an unsolicited photo with the hope of getting an audition. I’ve also made the trip several times for an actual audition and, today, it felt great to make the trip again for a wardrobe fitting. Tomorrow will be even better because I will make the trip again to finally work on a job.

The fitting went very well; I was the only one there so it was 20 minutes over and out. It’s funny because on the way out I went a different way for a strategic reason, but then I thought if that reason materialized would I even recognize it. The reason is that I was hoping to see Dava Waite, the casting director. Funny enough, I don’t always get to see them in an audition or there is so much going on the room that it’s best to just focus on the work. Any way, as soon as I rounded the corner to exit through the lobby there stood Dava. It was perfect! She introduced herself to me, but I knew it was her. She’s such a nice lady and even apologized for me having to drive back out there tomorrow to shoot. I told her that I’d much rather be out there playing with them in the studio than much else tomorrow. I can’t wait!

Afterwards, I ran some errands and then got lost on the Warner Bros. lot on my way to the producer/director session for THE MENTALIST.

Audition/Producer/Director: “THE MENTALIST” @ UDK Casting. I took a little risk and used a few props and I think it worked for me. I felt really good about how it went and was on my way.

While I was trying to find the correct building I realized just how many times I’d been on the Warner Bros. studio lot during my time in Los Angeles and it made me feel great. But said a “OUCH!” to myself when I walked by the building where I had my wardrobe fitting for “Ocean’s Thirteen”…that I didn’t get to shoot…long story.

I’m exhausted, I’m going to sleep, I have ANOTHER 50-mile roundtrip to make for a 6:15am call. I’m thrilled! 2011 is off to a great start.

http://www.stephonfuller.com

No comments: