Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Shooting: RAISING HOPE – I actually went to sleep last night like a normal person. It’s often difficult for me to sleep because my schedule is so erratic, but last night was a great success. I made the 25 mile trip and arrived at the studio right on time at 6:15am. I checked in, got a breakfast sandwich, signed contracts and into my wardrobe. My trailer was one of the nicer ones I’ve been in flat screen TV, stereo system, L-shaped couch, desk, shower & full bathroom.

At 7am I was taken to the stage for rehearsal with the series regular and the other co-star. I was playing a guard in a jail so they had to prop me up with the accessory belt, radio, etc. When the prop master put the first belt on me he had a feeling it wouldn’t fit because the guards are “usually a bunch of fat guys”. I smiled to myself because when I went in to the audition I was thinking the same thing; “that I was too small and slight to be a guard in a jail”. Of course, I let that thought go and went in the room to do 3 lines of the best small/slight guard I could be…I guess it worked because there I was getting ready to shoot the role.

A moment later we were rehearsing. A got a little direction from the 1st AD and we did it again a 2nd time; then were shooting. After the first take the director changed what the 1st AD told instructed me to do and we did it again. To be honest with you, I don’t see how I’m going to be seen…maybe my feet - unless that was a super, duper wide-angle lens they were using.

Anyway, after that take the director came out and gave me a thumbs up! Wow, maybe they could see me. I don’t know, it felt like a voiceover. At 7:25 I was wrapped and finished for the day; other than my dialogue I never even spoke to the other co-star or the series regular Garrett Dillahunt . Not bad for a full day of pay.

I emailed all my agents to let them know that I was available for the rest of the day for any appointments that might come up. I made the 25-mile drive back and took a nap. When I woke up I got news that I was on avail for THE MENTALIST audition I went in for yesterday, also that I have a callback tomorrow for a commercial and that I left my wallet in my wardrobe at RAISING HOPE. So yes, you’re right, I made the 50-mile roundtrip drive to pick it up. All-in-all a great, productive day.

http://www.stephonfuller.com

No comments: