Monday, February 28, 2011

Audition/Tape “Two Broke Girls” @ GO Casting. This is an office that I’ve gotten appointments at from the last two times I’ve drop-off there. I can’t prove that the appointments came directly from the drop-offs, but I don’t think the drops hurt. Some seem to think that you have to wait until you know exactly what is being cast before you make a move to drop a photo. I disagree; I think that puts me in a reactionary position. I’d rather take action and let them react by, hopefully, bringing me in to audition…or at least know that I’m still out here pounding the pavement.

Actually, it make things easier for a guy like me who isn’t going to wait for that “perfect moment”…I’m gonna go around “shaking tree’s” and see what opportunities fall out. Yes, it’s a tremendous amount of work, but I’m usually willing to get up early, stay up later and stand longer than the average bear. I have to stay out of that “average” category. In some things average is fine, but not in this business. In this business “average” has always terrified me.

Even as tough as things are for me; my career has been far better than average in many ways: I won’t list those ways, but I must admit that I am listing them in my head and I do feel proud of my accomplishments. BUT, at the same time, I’m going to be serving burgers at 3am in the morning. WHAT! How’s THAT for better than average, LOL! All I can do is continue to try to stack the chips in my favor and trust that I will break through to a higher, better, more career defining level in the future.

The audition went well for this pilot after flubbing a line. Hopefully, I’ll hear something.

http://www.stephonfuller.com

No comments: