Saturday, March 12, 2011

Wow, I shouldn’t be slinging burgers @ 4am. Yet I am and I’m trying to make the best of it while staying focused. It’s hard, unbelievably hard. It’s one thing to do it for a week, a couple of weeks or a month. I’m coming up on 3 years of fulltime, 5 shifts a week duty. I do not recommend it. I’m not Superman and it’s taking its toll on me, but I try to maintain and hang in there with a positive outlook. I think I do a pretty good job of that, but I cannot wait until this stretch is over. In the meantime I’m going to make it work for me. I think they call it “paying my dues”. I sure hope my dues are being deposited somewhere and someone is keeping track, lol!

I remember working with an actor on a cable show several years ago, before I was working at the restaurant I’m currently at. This was probably in 2005; I was making my living solely as an actor then. The actor was telling me that once when he had to go get a survival job he ended up being there for 7 years. I remember how my body shuddered when I heard him say that. Wow, I’m almost at 3 years.

Not sure what I’m getting at, but I do know that I’m very thankful for the steady employment at my night job and the fact that it was there for me when I really needed it.

http://www.stephonfuller.com

No comments: