Thursday, April 14, 2011

Day in the life of an actor: Show up at audition. Read copy. There is a kiss involved...with a woman. There is the eating of food in the commercial, but no real food in the room, no problem. When I enter the room I only see 2 forks - one for her and one for me...no bag full of forks. Ya know, so each actor can have a fresh one. Ooops.

I meet the woman that I'll be playing kissy-face with and we're told that it's to be a "big, long, 3-4 second kiss". Cool. But what about that fork? How many people have put it in their mouth?

There was a shortage of women at the audition time so "my woman" was also the previous actors woman. Damn. CUT TO: ACTION! I say: Blah blah blah. She says: Blah blah blah. Then the KISS! Oh my...she's a method actor. Nice!

I tried to be all gentlemanly and stuff in the 1st take, but "my woman" wasn't having none of that; so in the 2nd take I matched her..."passion" with her...and the fork. Oh and how passionate she was. We made beautiful music together! Between her and the fork I think I kissed most of Hollywood today...and I'm strangely okay with that. I hope she's at callbacks...I'll bring my own fork.

http://www.stephonfuller.com

1 comment:

The Diamond Agency said...

Funny story! I don't think I'll look at a fork the same way again.