Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I’d been asleep for about 30 minutes when my commercial agency called this morning with a last minute audition for this afternoon. It’s been a little quiet lately audition-wise so this was a welcome addition to my morning.

Yesterday was the day that the DEGREE commercial starring Bear Grylls was supposed to start airing. I figured that if it did start airing I would hear about it in some form or fashion.  Nothing. Crickets.  I mean it could be running, but I haven't heard anything. I’ve had terrible luck in the last several years when it comes to commercial that I’ve filmed. For some reason they just haven’t aired like I would’ve hoped. Don’t get me wrong it’s great to book and shoot them, but I’m also trying to make a living here, LOL!

I have to put it behind me, because, if not, it’s going to drive me crazy. The thing is that I’m hoping to use this commercial for a specific financial purpose. What I really need to do is to book something new and move on. Anyway…

Audition: “Home Depot” @ Craig Colvin Casting. This was fun. My “wife” and I really clicked and had a great time. While in the waiting room I had two separate conversations with fellow actors about personal finance at my audition. One of the books I'm reading, MAKING THE MOST OF YOUR MONEY NOW by Jane Bryant Quinn, is 1190 pages long. It's a big, thick book so people often comment on it and that sparks the conversation. Anyway, it was great to talk, discuss and share things on such an important topic.


CUT TO:

Yes! My younger brother Jeff just called to say that he saw the DEGREE commercial. I have to say if there was anyone that I would have preferred to call and give me the news it would have been my brother Jeff. Jeff and I have always been close, but we’ve grown much closer over the past two years or so and it means the world to me. I guess it’s safe to say that the news of the spot running made my day.

http://www.stephonfuller.com

No comments: