Monday, May 09, 2011

Over the weekend I went to Atlanta, Georgia; and Montgomery/Tuskegee, Alabama for my nephew, Trey’s, college graduation at Tuskegee University. His sister, my niece, Candace, flew in from Minnesota to attend as well.

Trey didn’t know I was going to be there so it was great to surprise him. It was important to show support for what he and his sister are doing…being responsible, young citizens that are great additions to society. Sometimes I think my support can be a bit overbearing, but I just REALLY want to be a part of making things better. I also think I’m trying to compensate for the support I didn’t get as a younger person. Being on the college campus made me wonder where I would be today if I had any type of guidance as a younger adult. I think it would have made a big difference…a huge difference in fact.

For the first time in who knows how many years I rented a car while away. I ended up with a Ford Fusion and loved it. It really made me want a new/newer car…and soon; sooner than before. I’ve already started saving for it, but I will be financially patient. The goal is to save up and pay cash for it…or mostly cash. I figure this will happen in about 3 years; at that point my car will be 16 years old. It could happen sooner though.

I had a great weekend that was a wonderful change of pace in getting to see a different part of the country. I should do it more often.

http://www.stephonfuller.com

No comments: