Monday, June 13, 2011

Audition: “Untitled Courtroom Comedy” @ Pamela Azmi-Andrew Casting. This half-hour show stars Cedric The Entertainer as the judge; I was reading for the series regular role of the Bailiff.

This was funny and caught me off guard…again. An actor, a guy who I see at auditions, not ALL the time, but often enough. A while back he stopped me at an audition and wanted to let me how much he enjoyed the WaMu commercial I did some years ago. He even introduced me to his children as the guy in that funny dancing commercial. So today when I saw him he greeted me with laughter about the current DEGREE commercial I have running. The funny thing is that I usually feel as though I haven’t worked since….forever. But he seems to think I’m hilarious and I do hilarious commercials. LOL! aka LAUGHING OUT LOUD! I don’t know; it just strikes me as funny because, in my mind, I haven’t booked much of anything and definitely not anything that anyone has seen and would remember. Weird.

Back to the audition. I don’t know how it went; I know I wasn’t in the room as long as the other guys before me…who knows if that means anything. I didn’t feel like I was pulling the CD’s attention in the beginning, but there was a few times where I felt here presence and she was making some notes. We’ll see.

Back to the dentist. Great fun. Today I was scheduled to get some new measurements of my bite so that all of my teeth will come together properly when the permanent work is finished at the labratory. This, as I have found, is VERY important. How do I know? Because for the last 3 weeks I’ve been wearing temporary things in my mouth that do not match up correctly; therefore I cannot fully chew my food. Let me tell you…it sucks.

Lots of Novocain and lots of discomfort. 2-3 more weeks of this and I should be back on the road to normalcy with a new smile.

A few hours after I got home the temporary came loose again! ARGH!!! Well, it’s okay. I’m scheduled to meet the dentist tomorrow anyway, this time at the laboratory to talk to the people who are actually building my new smile. She’ll re-cement the temp back in for me then.

==

Life on the Sunset Strip…

Him: Are you all really open 94/7?

Server: No. 24/7.


Him: Oh.


Server: That is not a door sir. Sir...

==

http://www.stephonfuller.com

No comments: