Wednesday, September 28, 2011


Yes!  I received an email from Tamara Hunter from the SAG Short film audition Saturday saying that they were really happy with what I did in the room and the director wants me to play the part of the leads best friend.  What I read next though, made me laugh out loud.  There isn’t any scripted lines for this character, LOL!!!!  I laughed and laughed…and laughed.  Can a brotha get a line?  Evidently not.  Hey, we are in a recession; lines are hard to come by I guess.  Anyway, like I said before, I really want to be a part of this project…and it pays SAG Short Film rates.  ACTION!

Audition: “Sears” @ Francene Selkirk Casting.  This was a simple question and answer type of dealio.  I had fun with 5 other actors in the room with me.

Audition/Tape:  “I Hate My Teenaged Daughter” @ Zane/Pillsbury Casting.  Ugh…Wow, this was hard.  It was much more like a 4 minute acting class.  I’m so thankful that the casting director was patient with me.  She basically gave me line readings, but I do feel that, in the end, we got a good, clean take on the tape.  The question now is will I even be on the tape that goes to producers…hmm.

I have to say that I see more and more guest-star actors going in for co-star parts.  It’s tough out here!  There was a time where I would pick and choose what roles I’d go in for because I was really trying to move forward with more substantial roles.  But these days I’m more happy to just have to the opportunity to work and get paid SAG wages.  Plus, I feel that it’s usually better to be on set working than not on set working.  You never know what can happen when you’re in the mix.  I wanna stay in the mix.



http://www.stephonfuller.com

No comments: