Thursday, April 26, 2012


SFX: Phone ringing: 11:12am – After working last night, of course, I was asleep when one of my theatrical agents called and said that, Debra Zane Casting, one of my favorite casting offices requested my jacket & pant size and if I’m available this Sunday & Monday.  Exciting news to say the least.  She told me what the project was and what she thought might be going on.  Cool.  Back to sleep…with a smile on my face!

After I woke up I was talking to my little brother, Todd, about how I sometimes forget about the strides I have made in my career thus far.  It’s so easy to get caught up in what I haven’t accomplished and forgot what I have accomplished.  I was explaining to him how important this casting office is in the business.  Some of her recent credits are:  Plant of the Apes, Twilight, & The Hunger Games and a new NBC series on the horizon.  I am quite fortunate to have someone like her in my corner AND she’s a great lady to boot!

Cut to: Phone ringing  - 5:08pm - The call comes that “they are going with me for TOTAL RECALL.  What?  TOTAL RECALL???  Wait, I’m confused.  I thought I was being considered for a role in a pilot being shot.  TOTAL RECALL sounds like a film; a remake in fact.  Part of the reason I’m confused is that I didn’t audition for either project.   Yeah, this is a direct booking.

Turns out, there was a little bit of confusion as to what the project was/is.  For a moment I thought I had booked two, separate projects, but that wasn’t the case.  I’m excited no matter what; it’s been a long time since I’ve been cast in a studio film.  So yes, the booking is one or two days on TOTAL RECALL starring Colin Farrell, Jessica Biel & Kate Beckinsale. Debra cast me in THE TERMINAL from dropping of my headshot, also Ocean’s Twelve & Ocean’s Thirteen…(didn’t actually get to shoot either one though…long story).  Debra and her team that includes, Tannis & Shayna, are just wonderful people and I feel so, so fortunate that they think of me for their projects.



http://www.stephonfuller.com

1 comment:

Cole Matson said...

Congratulations, Stephon!