Friday, April 27, 2012


This morning I read scripts that the students at Los Angeles Leadership Academy wrote.  I think it’s a magnet school; I’m not sure what that means...or if I spelled it right, but I guess the students are “gifted” as opposed to “at risk” which sometimes describes the other schools I read scripts at.  As usual it was a complete blast.  The students and teachers really appreciate the efforts of the performers in attendance and we, the performers; really appreciate being a part of something meaningful.   I always look forward to the next one.

Wardrobe fitting @ Sony Studios.  Yeah!  One step closer to this being a real thing that will actually happen.  I say that because there are so many steps in which things “can go wrong”.  Not really “go wrong”, but not go to the full fruition of what an actor hopes a booking will be.  At this point I’m guaranteed one day of pay.  Nothing more; nothing less. 

When I arrived at the wardrobe trailer @ Sony Studios my wardrobe was all set and ready to go, but there was one problem.  The pants that they had set out for me HAD to be for a woman…a small woman.  Me, being the trooper, good sport and maybe fool that I am attempted to put them on.  I’m surprised I didn’t pass out and break the zipper in the process.  I told the wardrobe person that “we need a bigger boat”.  They found me some larger, man-sized pants and I was in and out in a jiffy.

No comments: