Saturday, May 12, 2012


Tonight I performed my comedy set in the showcase of my comedy class.  I taped it myself and, obviously, I have a lot to learn, but I was pretty happy with how it went considering where I’m at.  I was nervous, of course, but I got through it; even got a few laughs. 

I didn’t invite anyone because the only way I could have done the showcase is if no one knew about it.  I’m not sure what that’s all about with me, but I feel as though I have no friends.  I know it’s not true, but I often feel that way.  I think it stems from my intense fear of rejection; and that probably stems from never being accepted by my father.  It seemed that one of the students had invited half of the 30 people in the audience.  I was amazed at how far away I was from something like that. 

I’m not sure what I’m going to do next with the stand up comedy thing, but, at minimum, I’ll probably do some open mic events and see how I feel.    All in all, it was fun and I consider it a success.



http://www.stephonfuller.com

No comments: