Friday, December 21, 2012


So I get in the bed at 6:30 this morning after working last night.  I was hoping to get a few hours of sleep before my apartment property manager was to call at 8:30am to confirm that the plumber was to arrive at 9am to replace my garbage disposal.  I was hoping the plumber would be finished in time for me to give a friend a ride to LAX @ 11:30am.

While I was in a deep, relaxing REM sleep my phone rings @ 8:28 to let me know that, in fact, the plumber would be here at said time.  My sleepy self gets out of bed to make sure everything was clear in the cabinet for the plumber work.   He arrives, sees that the garbage disposal is leaking and fetches a new in his truck.  Shortly after the plumber returns and starts working my phone rings @ 9:28…it’s one of my theatrical agents.  He has an audition appointment that came in late last night for 10:45…in West LA.  I live in West Hollywood.

Ooops.

Without even taking the time to return the call to my agent I washed my face, printed the sides, got dressed, ran lines, put on a tie, ran lines, grabbed my lab coat, and pretty much followed the plumber out the door as he was finishing his work.

Then I called my agent and told him I was already on my way to the casting office.  Right after I hung up I started to feel that I should’ve asked my agent if it was possible for me to come in later in the afternoon after I took my friends to LAX.  I almost called him back, but I decided to just go with it and hope that everything worked out time-wise.  I’ve been dropping off pictures to this casting office for years trying to get auditions and just 3 weeks ago I did a casting director workshop with one of the associates in the office.  Seriously, I wasn’t going to let this opportunity pass.

The traffic cooperated perfectly; odd for LA and the 10 West, and I made it to West LA without any problem at all.  Things went so great that when I was looking for parking an actor that had just auditioned and was walking back to his car offered me his parking spot.  That was very nice of him, and it even had money still left on the parking meter.

I went upstairs to the casting office and there were no actors waiting.  I took a moment to warm up the material and then I was called into the room to read.  I commented on how nice the office was and the associate, Chris, was surprised that I had never been upstairs.  I guess he was surprised that I never actually auditioned at the office…I took that as a good sign.  Then the other associate, Melissa, enter the room and she greeted me warmly as well. I had just met Melissa at a workshop 3 weeks ago.   Chris, I had met back in 2007.

Audition: “Legit” @ Wendy O’Brien Casting.  The audition went really well and I hope I will be the one that they choose for the job. 

Amazing, I finished it all up with time to spare and was able to get back to West Hollywood to pick up my friend at 11:30 without any problem.


http://www.stephonfuller.com

No comments: