Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Shooting: “General Hospital” @ ABC Prospect Studios.  Let’s start off by me admitting how freakin’ nervous I am about shooting this.  As I’ve said before, I’ve never been on a soap set before and I’ve always heard about how little prep time/rehearsal one gets and just how much shooting they do in a single day.

Fortunately, the dialogue in my two short scenes is pretty straight forward and I don’t have any weird physical moves to make.

My call time was 7:15am.  I drove on the lot, parked, went through security to get on the stage and checked in with the first AD.  She signed me in and I went back to security to get my room assignment.  Ironically, I was assigned to a room that is usually reserved for a guy that I know that is a contract player on the show.

About 10 minutes later I called to the stage for a rehearsal.  Admittedly, I don’t normally watch GH, but I had been watching it all week to be more informed about the tone of the show and who was who.  I recognized a few of the contract players right away.  We walked through it 2 quick times and I was released to go back to my room. 

About 30 minutes later it was my turn in front of the cameras.  By this time I felt pretty good and almost relaxed.  We did one rehearsal and two takes and that was it.  I was wrapped by 9:30am. 

On my way out I stopped by the office of Casting Director Mark Teschner to thank him for the opportunity to work.  He is such a nice guy and said that “Ya never know, sometimes these roles come back on the show.”  Cool, I’ll take that.  It was a great experience!  As far as I know the episode will air Thursday, June 18th.

http://www.stephonfuller.com

No comments: