Monday, May 04, 2015

So I got an email this evening from David, one of my theatrical agents, and in the subject line, in all caps, it reads: ARE YOU AVAIL TO SHOOT GENERAL HOSPITAL 5/12?

Well, I checked my schedule and the answer is…

…Yes!

I emailed him back that, I am available to work on General Hospital on 5/12!  His response was: “Sending your reel. They will book off of that. They wanted to know if you were available before I sent it. Fingers crossed.”

My immediate thought was…what reel?  My demo reel is so old that I forget that I even have one.  It’s been so long since I’ve booked anything that was “reel worthy” so I just keep what I’ve got.  I had hair back then! 

My next thought was:  Oh no!  Might I actually LOSE this job (that I haven’t yet booked) BECAUSE of my reel???  Alright, stop it Stephon, and let the cards fall where they may.  So that’s what I did.

Audition: “Bank of America” @ Cathi Carlton Casting.  I swear; it seems like every time I audition for a Bank of America commercial I am perfect for it!  One of these days I’m going to book one.  They seem to run a lot and that, of course, is what we hope for as commercial actors.

I also started my 4-week voiceover class tonight which went really well.  I HAVE to diversify my talents in the business and v/o is an area I’d like to expand into.  It’s not at all easy, but I want to remain committed to learning the craft.      


http://www.stephonfuller.com

No comments: