Wednesday, September 04, 2002

My audition today for "Ford Focus" went really well. At the audition we were supposed to fill out a conflict sheet to declare whether we had car conflicts or not. I was reluctant to fill it out because I didn't want my "Honda/Japan" campaign to possibly prevent me from getting a callback. I called my agent and we decided to say "no" since I don't have any U.S. automotive conflicts.

I also got a call from my theatrical agent with an appointment for the new ABC series "Push, Nevada". It's a very small role and they wanted to know if I was interested in going on tape for producers. I told her I would think about it and let her know tomorrow. Of course my first instinct is to say "yes." I'm an actor, I wanna act!! BUT! Since I manage myself I have to be smart and think about the bigger picture. In the end I decided to say "no" and wait for something more substantial on the show. Also, there is always the possibility of "Good Morning Miami" calling this week or getting a callback and/or booking one of these several commercials that I am going in for. I also think there is power in saying no to certain roles. Of course I could be wrong.

No comments: