Tuesday, September 10, 2002

Oh my, what a day or should I say days. I have always been careful to not take the highs and lows too seriously in my life. This 9/11 anniversary stuff is really hard to shake, as it should be. Seeing and hearing the images and sounds of a year ago coupled with family illness has had me in tears more than once over the last couple of days. I cannot imagine what those that have lost loved ones are going through.

Adding to that my mother is in the hospital back in Virginia Beach, VA. My family, fortunately, hasn't had a lot of medical problems to date. Or it could be that they work too hard to notice them. The reality of "mom's in the hospital" is mind blowing to me. None of us in the family are quite sure how to take it, but I can tell that my mom is concerned. The doctors think that they may have to remove her gall bladder; I am hearing that many people have this done and it's not too serious. They are also many other test being done and they suspect that "something" may be cancerous. It's just weird hearing my unshakeable mother shake. I have been talking to her several times a day for the last couple of days to keep abreast of the situation.

I audition for a recurring role on "Abby", a UPN sitcom, and it goes well. The Casting Director, Gilda Stratton, was happy with my performance and said she was bringing me back. Cool, it's another possible recurring role!!

No comments: