Wednesday, September 08, 2004

YES!!! Callback "V-8" @ Craig Colvin Casting. I felt like this callback went really well. Of course, I would love to book this, but we all know how that goes. You just have to move on.........see ya.

Audition: "Jack-in-the-Box" @ Alyson Horn Casting. I've booked through this office before and it's time to do it again. This one goes really well too. Callback? We'll see.

Drop-offs in action! Yesterday I dropped of at a several casting offices all over town, one was Kevin Scott Casting. Kevin cast UPN's "Half and Half" and ABC's "My Wife and Kid's". I did a general drop with a post-it attached.

Well guess what? Today they called my agent and asked if I would audition for the role of the "FedEx guy". It was 3-4 lines and my agents did not think it was a good idea. I knew they were right, BUT I had a different angle on the situation. I rarely if ever read for UPN or WB shows. Meaning that I don't get many calls for those shows; sometimes but not often. Most of my appointments are for really mainstream projects, not too urban not too ethnic. So why not take the chance and see what happens? Great question right? Well here's a great answer. Because I need to be more selective with these smaller roles if I am going to do them at all. It should, at least, look like it's going to recur or some other really good reason. Of course movies are a little different. I'm trying to move up the food chain and I believe there is some power in politely declining.

THIS is one of the major things I need my agents for and they are there in my corner. In all honesty if the casting office would have called me directly I most likely would have auditioned for the role even though I know I shouldn't have. I'm an actor and I wanna act. They left the final decision up to me, but let me know what they thought. They never turn anything down without running it by me first. In the end I decided not to audition for the role. It felt good to do that even though I would have loved to get a chance to book and work in front of the live audience again. On to the next........

No comments: